≡ Menu

Submitting a Notice of Disagreement

Appealing a RO decision is pretty easy.

The VA does not require that you use a specific form to appeal your unfavorable decision.  Before I go any further, I should point out that an unfavorable decision is basically if the VA does not give you everything that you requested.  This could be requesting service connection or a particular rating or TDIU.

So back to our discussion, the VA does provide a form, which can be accessed here, which is called a Notice of Disagreement (NOD).  A NOD is generally due within 1 year from the date that the VA mailed the notification of the decision to you.  For certain contested claims including claims of apportionment, the time limit is 60 days from the date that VA mailed you notification of its decision.  Your NOD should state all of the claims which you disagree with the VA’s decision.

The NOD should be mailed to the RO that issued your decision.

Many people have asked me whether they should appeal their unfavorable decision.  My answer is clear: ABSOLUTELY!  Appeal your case if you are not completely happy with the decision that the VA made.

Good hunting, my friends.

{ 0 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment